In my quilting life, my obsession of the past year and a half or so has been I Spy quilts. Love them! And I love collecting the fabrics. This is where life with the internet is awesome, because it means you can easily swap with other lovers of I Spy from all around the world. I've done several swaps and have been considering hosting for a while and am ready to take the plunge!
1) We are swapping 5" squares. Each "spot" in the swap will contribute 24 squares each of 4 different fabrics. There will be 24 spots in the swap. This means we will each end up with 96 different squares of fabric! If your fabric does not require fussy-cutting, you should get 24 squares from a half yard of fabric. So each spot is essentially 2 yards of fabric.
2) Participants may have up to 2 spots. If you are doing 2 spots, each of your 8 fabrics must be different. You will receive back 2 identical sets of 96 fabric squares.
3) Quilt shop quality fabric, please. No licensed characters or teams. I Spy quilts are for everyone, so no adult-themed fabric. Anything identifiable by your average child is a-okay. Creative and unusual fabrics encouraged!
4) If you are a resident of somewhere other than the United States, leave me a comment and we'll see what we can work out.
5) Sign up at the form on the bottom of the page. Then check out our Flickr Group. https://www.flickr.com/groups/ispywithmylittleeye I will use Flickr to track who has signed up and when I receive squares. If you don't have an account, it is free to create one. You can also post pictures of your fabrics on the group if you choose, but that is not required.
6) I will send an email with my address once the swap is full. Deadline for me receiving your squares will be set once swap is full, my tentative deadline is October 8, 2014. Place your charms in a ziplock baggie with an index card containing your name, address, and Flickr ID. You can either place squares of each fabric in a separate baggie or put all 4 together, alternating fabrics. (ABCD, ABCD, ABCD....) If you have 2 spots, please be sure there are 2 index cards for you. Include a prepaid self addressed envelope. If you do not, I will not be able to return your squares to you!
7) Have fun! Leave me a comment with questions!