In January, I discovered the Finish-Along hosted by Adrianne. One thing that I really love about the finish along is that I realize I'm not the only quilter with a zillion unfinished projects! I definitely have more inspiration than I do time!
In Quarter 1 of the finish-along, I completed 6 projects. I am very pleased with that. My list for this quarter is super long. I'm thinking of it more as a list for the rest of the year (and probably beyond!) and I'll just keep rolling projects over. An asterisk (*) indicates that the project was on the list for Q1.
Many of the projects I added for this quarter were actually started before last quarter, I just knew I wouldn't get to them in the short-term. I am also trying to do at least 2 Project Linus quilts per quarter, using up fabric I already have and utilizing fairly simple patterns.
|Project Name/Description||Project Type||Project Status at start of quarter||Completion Date|
|Project bags, round 2||bags||2 left to finish|
|Blaise's baby quilt||Child size||Top completed|
|Katie's baby quilt||Child size||Fabric & pattern chosen|
|Verona's I Spy||Twin bed size||Some cutting done|
|Emily's I Spy||Lap size||Some cutting done|
|Pepper Tote||Bag||In process|
|Paper Piecing project||Bucket list/mini quilt||1 block completed|
|Winnie the Pooh quilt (project Linus)||Child size||Fabrics chosen|
|Magician/Star quilt (project Linus)||Child size||Fabrics and pattern chosen|
|Food picnic quilt||Huge||40 or 50 blocks completed|
|Laura's quilt||Double/queen||Piecing the top stage|
|Savannah||Lap size? Bigger?||Piecing the top stage|
|*“Sarah” (to be renamed)||Wall hanging||Layered|
|*Geoff & Laura's wedding quilt||Bed sized||Layered|
|*Alaska cutout quilt||Wall hanging||Layered, quilting begun (hand quilting)|
|*White/pastel dogwood quilt||Lap size||Top completed|
|*Rainbow I Spy||Child size||Top completed|
|*Last big 9-patch||Child size||Top completed|
|*Debbie quilt||Bed size||Top completed, repair needed before continuing|
|*Elephant ticker tape quilt||Bucket list/wall hanging||Embroidery outline completed|
|*Dinosaur quilt (project Linus)||Child size||Fabrics chosen|
|2 ½ inch strip I Spy quit||Child size||Fabrics chosen; most cutting done|
|Puffin||Kit (wall hanging)||Kit|
I don't have pictures of everything, mostly because I'm recovering from a stomach bug and just don't have the energy to pull everything out. But here are a few photos, to document that these projects really do exist:
I spy quilts for me (in project bag), a coworker's baby (pile with moose on top), and Verona (not pictured).
Again, I have no illusions that I will get all of this done in 2015, let alone in Q2. But setting goals is helping, and I really am trying 1) not to start new projects and 2) when I do, to at least use up what I have and not buy new fabric.