Friday, June 5, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes: June Goal

When people I know first started having babies, I was using this free pattern from Quiltmaker called Super-Sized Nine Patch.  You start with one yard of each of three (coordinating) fabrics, and you ended up with 3 baby quilts.  I have done several rounds of this quilt.  It's quick and it's cute. 

I have since really fallen in love with baby quilts and want to make each one more special and/or unique.  But I still have one finished top left from my last round of the nine patch.  So tonight I layered that last one with some fleece, and getting it quilted and bound is my June goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes, hosted by Melissa & Shanna.  It will go to Project Linus when I am done.

(Yellow around the edges is the fleece from the backing, not a border.)

I want to get better at machine quilting, so my plan is to start Leah Day's class on Craftsy and pick a fairly simple free motion design, and get good at it by doing it across this whole quilt. 

My Button

No comments:

Post a Comment