Saturday, April 30, 2016

April wrap-up

April was not a successful month for me, sewing-wise.  The main reason being that I got sick and that kept me from sewing for pretty much the entire second half of the month.

Orange is April's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  There is a (small) pile of orange scraps sitting on my cutting table, but that's as far as I got.  I'm planning to do April and May butterflies at the same time so that I can catch up.

My OMG for April was to complete steps 1 & 2 of the Scrap Dance Tango mystery quilt, as I am falling very behind.  Step 1 is to make all the HSTs for the entire quilt.  Carole, who wrote the mystery pattern, suggests making them as you go along, since you need them for the entire process, and not all at once.  For the full size, I need 1,100 HSTs.  I had hoped to finish them all in April.  Alas, I am still 134 HSTs short.

I did, however, finish step 2 of the Scrap Dance Tango, so I almost finished my April Goal.  This is a  blurry picture, but you can at least see them all here, sorted into groups of 10, with a total of 110 units.
Even though I didn't quite finish, I'm linking up with Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for One Monthly Goal.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo close!
    I'd say 966 HST's is definitely a successful month, and I can see why you moved to Step Two to get a handle on them all haha! I do love Carole's QALs!

    ReplyDelete