Wednesday, December 7, 2016

OMG December Goal

I am hoping to get quite a bit done during December, as I get extended time off work and should have extra sewing time.  For my One Monthly Goal, I've chosen the baby quilt that will be made with the butterflies I've been making all year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Green Butterflies

This might be a bit of a stretch, as I still haven't actually finished all the butterflies; I still have yellow left to make.  I intentionally haven't been counting my butterflies and made a number each month that made sense with how many scraps I had.  This goal is to completely finish one quilt, but I suspect I will still have some butterflies left for a second quilt.

The main reason for fast-tracking this project is that it is a baby quilt for a young lady expected to arrive any day now!  No official name yet, parents are referring to her as "Gummie" for now.  So Gummie's butterfly quilt is my One Monthly Goal.  Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.


Elm Street Quilts




3 comments:

  1. You can do it Emily! Hoping that yellow butterfly will emerge from the chrysalis soon! Good luck on your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby quilt with butterfly blocks sounds just wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it Emily, you can do this easy. It will be a lovely quilt for a baby girl. I look forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete