Saturday, May 20, 2017

Koala

My koala pillow is done!  Koala joins Panda and Monkey in my pillow menagerie on the couch.  There are Hedgehogs on a nearby chair, and a Penguin and a Piggie in my son's room.


The pattern is part of the Zoo Animals bundle by Kristy @ Quiet Play. The original pattern is for a 10" block; I enlarged to a 16" block then added borders for a 20" pillow. The fabrics are all Kona: Ash, Coal, and Medium Gray for the body, Black & Snow in the eyes, Chestnut for the tree, and Willow for the background.


The Koala pillow was my May monthly goal for OMG hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts. (Goal setter #84.) It was also #6 on my list of Q2 goals for the globally hosted Finish Along.

Elm Street Quilts


12 comments:

  1. Emily, he's so cute! What a darling facial expression in him. (I guess it's a him)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, what a fun little zoo that you have going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I just love your animal pillows and Koala looks right at home with the others. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun little pillows! I like all of them, but the Koala is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable! Just curious has your son given them names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the pillows, but that Koala is just too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Emily, you have done a wonderful job on your cushion covers, and of course the Koala is from here in Oz (oops, maybe I should say Australia - sorry. Can't wait to see what you will be doing next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors you've chosen for the Koala cushion are perfect. What a beautiful finish for May's OMG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily! I missed these! They are A D O R A B L E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable!!

    On behalf of the global hosts, thank you for participating in the 2017 Finish A Long!

    ReplyDelete