Thursday, September 28, 2017

Pink Poodles

Someone donated this fabulous pink poodle fabric to my local Project Linus chapter.  I liked it so much as a large piece of fabric that I decided to keep it as a whole cloth quilt and use it for some free motion quilting practice.

I am just not sure if I am ever going to get the hang of free motion quilting.  I haven't completely given up yet, but I do much better with lines and I think I'm getting close to be resigned to sticking with straight line quilting.  We'll see.
Here's the back.  I back almost all of my Project Linus quilts with fleece.  It makes for a quilt that is a great weight and it's soft and cuddly.
And a close-up of those fabulous poodles!

Poodles was item #20 on my list of Q3 goals for the globally hosted finish along.  And, ironically, last on my list but first finished.

3 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks fine! For an easy free motion, try doing figure 8s in a row, then on the next row, put the top loop between two bottom loops on the previous row, make sense? It is fast, easy, gets you in a rhythm that is sustainable and looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fabric print is adorable, I am glad you were able to use it without cutting it up. The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still learning FMQ. Yours looks good.

    ReplyDelete