Sunday, April 22, 2018

Owls

I finished another quilt for Project Linus.  This started with the owl print, which had been donated to my local chapter.  I paired it with Kona Lagoon and Kona Titanium, both leftover from other projects, and kept it simple so I would not lose any of the owls.


The back is a piece of minky also donated to the chapter, and it came in not long after I had finished the top.  I do not enjoy working with minky but it was such a nice big piece and quite colorful.


For quilting, I tried something new to me but that I see everywhere: the organic wavy lines technique.  I see it most from Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts, but I have been seen it becoming more and more widespread.  It's done with a walking foot. I liked it, though I space mine farther out than most others I've seen.  I changed threads based on quilt section for this one and I used some variegated threads from King Tut that I had.


Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts challenged herself to make 52 charity quilts this year. That's a lot! My annual goal is 12 quilts donated per year to Project Linus.  This will be #5 for 2018.  I'll link up with Laura when she does her charity quilting link-up for April. 

The owls were goal #16 on my list of Q2 goals for the Finish Along.  


 


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a very fun finish. Love both owl fabrics and the wavy line quilting. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so generous Emily. Lovely fabrics, it looks soft and cozy with the colourful minky back, it will be welcome and loved by someone. You did well on the wavy line quilting, great job. Congrats on yet another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt! You put together a great look, considering it was donated fabrics. The quilting looks great, too! Yay for sharing the love with Project Linus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish! I'm not a fan of minky either - you did a wonderful job. On behalf of the global hosts, thank you for linking up to the FAL.

    ReplyDelete