Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Disappearing 9-Patch

When Julie at The Crafty Quilter announced she was going to do an easy Disappearing 9-Patch Quilt Along, I was excited.  I had a charm pack of Wind and Sea from Island Batik that I bought a long time ago--long before I was an ambassador--that this seemed to be the perfect project for.   The Quilt Along was perfectly paced and I am pleased to say that I finished the quilt--quilting, binding, and all!


There were a few fabrics with a really dark background so I pulled those out to use as the centers.  I still needed a few more dark squares, so I went to my local quilt shop, Quilt Patch Fabrics, and found some Seaweed from the Seashore collection--same colors as my Wind and Sea fabrics! I also bought a background fabric, mini springs in oatmeal from the Lavendula line. It is prefect for this--there are blues, purples, and greens in the springs! I was then about 14 squares short for the rest of the fabrics, so I cut some squares from scraps and stash builder rolls from my ambassador box.  I love that Island Batiks go together so well even if the collections are several years apart.


I absolutely love the colors in this!  Purples, blues, and greens are just so soothing!  I did diagonal line quilting with a variegated thread.  It's not a lot of quilting but I acutally like them that way. I didn't have enough of the dark Seaweed fabric for the binding so I used the background fabric instead. This will be a donation quilt once I choose a children's organization now that my Project Linus chapter has closed. 


This was my One Monthly Goal for July in the link-up hosted by Patty of Elm Street Quilts and was #16 on my list of Q3 goals for the Finish Along. And of course, I'm linking up with Julie for the Disappearing 9-Patch Quilt Along!



11 comments:

  1. Nice finish, Emily. How fun that you used IB fabric you had before you became an ambassador. Cool. Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I was I going to do this, but forgot to bring the squares at a critical point. But, I will follow you and do it as leaders and enders in the fullness of time. It is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt really does speak of the ocean, doesn't it? The colours are great, and so is the disappearing nine patch. It's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, it’s absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me think of sea glass. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rita! I love the colors in sea glass! You are showing up as a no reply blogger so I am replying here.

      Delete
  6. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete