Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July OMG

Last month, I completed my OMG goal but forgot to link up with Patty of Elm Street Quilts at the end of the month!  Whoops!  Hopefully I will do better this month.


I started the year doing a new Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects of string blocks.  I kept up January-March.  When April came, I dreaded making the blocks.  Hmmmm...I shouldn't be dreading a project I chose.  Well, as much as I wanted to get rid of all my strings, turns out I wasn't enjoying myself.  So I stopped.


So now I have green, orange, and aqua string blocks.  I need to make something with them or I won't qualify for my PhD with Quilting Gail--her rule is you have to finish all projects started that year so you don't create new UFOs.  So my One Monthly Goal for July is to figure out what to do with them and finish the quilt top.  With other sewing, I don't think a finished quilt is realistic but a top should be doable.



7 comments:

  1. I learn so much about myself as I quilt - what I like, what I don't. It's okay that you discovered you don't enjoy string blocks, and it's okay that you decided to stop. Something will come to you for a finish for those blocks, and it will have a good story to tell. I love the orange blocks, by the way (no surprise)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should through them together and make a donation quilt! Since you don't love them anymore you would be rid of them and be doing good at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white with black polka dots centers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your July OMG. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the aqua blocks, nice! Good luck with your goal this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete