Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Small Savanna

I made the mistake of doing some cleaning in my sewing space about a month ago and I found two UFOs that I didn't know about.  One was 4 blocks of Savanna, a quilt I thought I was rid of, sewn together with a small border and more strips of the border fabric cut. 

This was what it looked like when I found it.

I have no idea what I had planned, but I hated Savanna (I detest sewing curves) so I clearly wasn't making more blocks.  I found a fairly small piece of fleece to use as backing and that set the limit for how big it could be.  I had a fun purple mottled print left from a wide back so I cut borders to make it as large as the fleece backing allowed.  It now measures 24" x 30" which is on the small side but should be fine for a tiny baby; I'll be donating this to the local children's hospital.

This wasn't on my original UFO list for my PhD (projects half done) with Quilting Gail but I think it will probably count.  I need to sit down and look at my list and my finishes so far this year to see if I have any chance at all of being successful this year. 

6 comments:

  1. Always good to notch another one off the list, even those that remind us of quilts we didn't enjoy. Maybe we need to tackle curves next - I enjoy sewing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever finish and it will be so comfy for the lucky child that receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does count towards your PHD!!! What a creative way to use up that block!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple makes everything better, right? Good save for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby quilts backed with fleece are so cozy. This is a sweet one!

    ReplyDelete