Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Island Batik bonus

When Island Batik sent out our ambassador boxes, the summer pre-cuts weren't ready yet.  Shipping delays are still pretty common.  So last week I got a bonus package, a strip pack of the Emperor's Treasure collection!  Emperor's Treasure is a beautiful collection of purples and greens, one of my favorite color combinations.  My coordinating yardage is from the always-available Foundations collection; I got two yards each of Lemongrass and Frog.  



Aurifil also sent 4 spools of thread!  I was not expecting thread, so it was fun to find such bright colors in my package.

And lest you think that I am the only one in my household who enjoys packages from Island Batik, here is Buttercup playing with the Island Batik twill tape that wrapped the strip stack with the yardage.



I completely forgot to pick a winner of the fabric from the Woodblock Bouquets collection, from my June Prickly Pear New York Beauty project.  I was supposed to pick a winner on July 1st and completely forgot.  Fortunately, the fabric bundle re-surfaced in my sewing room and reminded me.  The lucky winner is Wendy of Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life.  Wendy & I have been quilting friends for several years so I was thrilled when it was her number.  I'll get these beauties mailed off to Wendy this weekend so that I can spread the Island Batik happy mail.


1 comment:

  1. Shipping delays are no fun but new fabric is the best! Congrats to Wendy!

    ReplyDelete