Thursday, July 13, 2023

Island Batik Upboxing #2

Twice a year, Island Batik Ambassadors receive shipments of their ambassador boxes.  This is always a very, very exciting day because the boxes are stuffed with gorgeous Island Batik fabrics and other quilting related goodies that are meant to be used in the next 6 months' worth of challenges.  

 
My July boxes (there were 2) weighed 28 pounds and were packed with fabric fun!  I made a video showcasing everything I received.  You can view it here.  If you have trouble with that link or just don't want to watch a video, here's an overview of what I got and when you'll see it in projects.  First, the industry partners.

Accuquilt sent their North Carolina Star die.  I'm particularly excited about this, because I live in North Carolina!  Each ambassador got the same die and you'll see our projects using the block or components from it in October.  I just finalized my design in EQ for this challenge and I am soooo in love with it!  I'm itching to get stitching!


Hobbs sent four (4!) different battings.  There is Thermore, a thin polyester batting, Heirloom Premium wool batting, 100% cotton batting with scrim, and cotton/wool blend from the Tuscany collection. 

Aurifil sent 5 spools of thread, each a different weight.  The red spool is wool thread in 12 weight (color Light Blue), the orange spool is 50 weight (color Peacock Blue), the wooden spool is 80 weight (color Mist), there is a spool of Aurifloss (color Shining Green) and a spool of monofilament thread. 


By Annie sent a kit to make a bag of my choice.  This is one of my favorite challenges every year!  I spend all year deciding which bag I want to make next and Annie sends me everything I need to make it--pattern, hardware, supplies, and naturally Island Batik fabric.  I am using fabric from a line called Limerick, which will be in stores in December. I chose the Out and About pattern, which is a small backpack absolutely loaded with pockets.  We will all showcase our bags in November, though truth be told, I'll have a hard time waiting that long to make mine!


And then there's the fabric!  First, I have a half yard bundle of English Lavender, an absolutely gorgeous collection of purples and blues.  I love this collection!  With it, I have 2 yards each of foundation fabrics Frosting and Eggplant.  English Lavender is a spring collection; pre-cuts are available now and yardage will be coming to quilts shops soon.  Spring collections will be featured in a September blog hop.

 


I received a 10" stack of Buds & Blooms, another spring collection, plus 2 yards each of the foundations Moonstone and Dandelion in Plum.  I love the colors in Buds & Blooms!  


I was sent two more pre-cuts, both gradations.  Gradations are from the always-available Foundations fabrics and include 20 fabrics of the same color family.  I got a strip pack of Glorious Greens and a 10" stack of Ravishing Reds.


A good neutral is frequently a must for a quilt, and I was sent a whopping 6 yards of Almond, one of the neutrals from Foundations.

Almond

Then there is a surprise bundle!  This is a half yard bundle of one of the collections that will be in shops around December, so I can't show it to you yet!  These collections will be highlighted in November. I didn't get a picture of it wrapped up.

And finally, a Foundations bundle of half yard cuts that coordinate with English Lavendar and my surprise collection.  All of these are from the always-available Foundations fabrics, of which there are three families: Solids, Blenders, and Basics.  Solids are what they sound like, Blenders have a pattern to them, and Basics are subtle batik dyed fabrics.  For solids, I was sent Green, Turquoise, Dark Gray, and Amethyst.  For Blenders I have Round Petal Floral in Lemonade, Small Pointed Floral in Turquoise, Wavy Dots in Bluebird, and Small Petal in Purple (my favorite!).  And in basics I have Purple, Teal, Jade, and Sky.


I just love all the beautiful fabrics and fun goodies!  I can't wait to show you what I make with all this bounty in the next 6 months!  Many thanks to Island Batik, Accuquilt, Aurifil, By Annie, and Hobbs!




9 comments:

  1. That lavender line is really gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing what you come with for all the challenges. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy creating with your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun couple of months ahead. Excited to the see the NC Star challenge and your Annie's bag. I purchased the Ultimate travel bag and plan on doing that one but am totally frightened by it. Need to decide whether I do it before I go to Ireland or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed your latest blog post on the Island Batik Unboxing! Your passion for quilting and the vivid descriptions of the fabrics truly brought the experience to life.
    promocodehq

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's evident that you have a keen eye for detail and a love for your craft. Thanks for sharing your quilting adventures. I'm eagerly anticipating your future posts!
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I love how your blog consistently delivers high-quality content. Your unique perspective and attention to detail set your posts apart. Kudos to you!"
    vickie lynn swayze

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Your blog has a knack for addressing timely and relevant issues. It's clear that you stay attuned to what's happening in the world, and your thoughtful commentary adds valuable insights to the ongoing conversations. Keep shining a light on important topics!"
    dicks military discounts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just as you unwrap the treasures, ensure your everyday adventures remain smooth with the convenience of a ''jiffy lube $25 coupon'' - a perfect blend of excitement and practicality.

    ReplyDelete