Sunday, October 22, 2023

Bowl Me Over

Back in April or May, I joined a Slow Along with Randi of Randi's Roost to make By Annie's Bowl Me Over.  Bowl Me Over is a fairly large purse.  The Slow Along ended around the 4th of July but I finished in early September and just never got to posting.  I want to start using it as my daily purse and felt like I needed to post it first!

Note: Slow Along is not a typo.  Randi calls her sew alongs Slow Alongs because she runs them at a very relaxed pace, which is great for bags with as many steps as Annie's bags have!

 

All fabrics are Island Batik, and I think there are 6 different fabrics.  The main fabric is one I bought because I love it so much, it's from an older collection called Floral Wonders by Jerry Khiev and I bought it at Sew What & Batiks Etc in Wytheville, VA last summer.  The rest of the fabrics are leftover from various collections I've been sent by Island Batik over the years.  


Buttercup does like to come check on my progress every once in a while!

The inside, all clipped together.

I'm excited to see how I like this as my daily purse!



3 comments:

  1. Love the purple accents with the blue. Very pretty. Hopefully you like it as your daily purse. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I love the idea of a slow along! Lovely that Buttercup keeps an eye on you. I need to get back to my big travel bag. Hopefully this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the purse is working well! Had to smile at all those clips - brings back memories of that SAL we did together - LOL. Those clips are so handy with these projects!

    ReplyDelete