Monday, March 18, 2024

Purple Path: A Stay at Home Round Robin finish

Welcome to the finale of 2024's Stay At Home Round Robin!   I planned my quilt out in advance this year, using EQ8.  I used a variety of purple Island Batik scraps, with Almond as the background.  The dark purple is an Island Batik blender.  (It might look black but it's very dark purple.)  I cut it out with my Accuquilt and the 8" cube & cube companion dies.

I finished the binding on my quilt just a few days ago.  I left the quilt on the couch, and Husband found it and used it for a nap.  Always nice to see quilts being used!  And this was mere hours after it was finished.  (He ducked under it when he realized I was taking photos.)


Special thanks to Gail for coming up with such a great idea, and for inviting me to play along.  Also many thanks to the other hosts: Wendy, Anja, Kathleen, and Brenda.  Be sure to visit each of them to see their finished quilts!

I was so glad to see so many people sewing along with the Stay at Home Round Robin!  Link up with Gail at Quilting Gail for a final entry for the prizes from our generous sponsors.  We will do the prize drawings at the end of the month and will post the winners on the blogs of all of the hosts. This was my fourth Stay at Home Round Robin and I hope it's not my last!  This one might be my favorite.

 2024 Purple Path

2023 Flamingo Fun

 

 

2022 (Unnamed)


 

2021: Ursa Major


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on your SAHRR. I love the colors and the blocks you used were so interesting. Too funny that your husband already snagged a nap under it - too bad he ducked. It was also fun to host with you this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your SAHRR's are pretty but of course your latest is my favorite, as you know purple is my color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your SAHRR is fantastic!!!
    It's great to have you as part of the SAHRR team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you used the prompts to make blocks. You know a quilt is a big success when someone pulls it over for a cozy nap! Thanks for your participation in the prompts. This was such a fun SAHRR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 2024 SAHRR turned out beautifully it's my favorite of all the ones made this year. Though I still really like your Ursa Major too. I hope we get to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete