Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Reflections blog hop: Fairy Cabin

Welcome to my day on the Reflections blog hop, hosted by Jennifer of Inquiring Quilter!  I was so excited when Jennifer asked me to participate!  First of all, Jennifer and I have known each other in blogland for a long time and I've always loved her designs and her straightforward approach to explaining quilting concepts and techniques.  She frequently uses jewel tones in her quilts, so I was so thrilled when I saw that her Reflections signature collection with Island Batik is full of gorgeous jewel tones!


When Jennifer asked me to make one of my designs with Reflections fabrics, it didn't take me long to land on Fairy Cabins.  I had just finished a quilt for Island Batik's log cabin blog hop and I was really excited about seeing the same quilt in Reflections' deep jewel tones with a black background.  And the finished quilt did not disappoint! (The photo above is in the shade and the photo below is in sun, so you can see the slight difference in how the colors look.) 


I did not remember to take a picture of the lovely fabrics before I cut into them, so here's a shot of some of my leftovers.  I was cutting it really close on a couple!  There are 8 fabrics from Reflections in the top, plus a 9th Reflections fabric for the binding, and Island Batik solid black for the background.  Fairy Cabin is 50" square.  I quilted with organic wavy lines in Aurifil #2784 Dark Navy. 


My friend Kate helped me design this quilt back in January/February, when I brought my laptop with EQ8 to the Mexican restaurant where we were having dinner!  She has seen this new colorway and approves!  I love all the fabrics in this.  The bright pink chain moving across the black background makes me happy. And some of the motifs in the fabric look like quilt designs!


To celebrate Reflections, Jennifer is hosting a giveaway on her blog of a fat quarter bundle of Reflections fabric!  There will also be an instagram loop from May 15th - May 17th --just look for the post by @inquiringquilter.  And finally, Jennifer is doing a quilt along with her beautiful Broken Roads pattern beginning May 23rd and continuing through June 13th.  You can sign up for the quilt along here.  


Be sure to check out all the participants in the Reflections blog hop!  The projects so far have all been beautiful, though how can they not be with such amazing fabric?!

May 1st - Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter

May 3rd - Denise @ A Quiltery-For the love of geese

May 4th - Lisa @ Lisa Quilting Passion

May 5th - Suzy @ Websterquilt

May 6th - Andi @ True Blue Quilts

May 7th - Connie @ Kauffman Designs

May 8th - Emily @ The Darling Dogwood <<— That's me!!!

May 9th - Jane @ Stitch By Stitch Custom Quilting

May 10th - Brianna @ Sew Cute And Quirky

May 11th - Leah @ Quilted Delights

May 12th - Susan @ Larkspur Lane Designs

May 13th - Brenda @ Songbird Designs

May 14th - Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter — The Winner is Announced!



11 comments:

  1. Those colors just glow! Congrats on a very pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt design along with such pretty fabric, what a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt!! I love her new line of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are fabulous in this design. It is fun to see a second version made up of your quilt...hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Emily, I loved the original too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt! You were so right to pair the fabrics with black. They really pop. That lovely pink chain makes me smile too. Such a pretty quilt. Thank you so much for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design and the colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just radiates, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete