Sunday, November 29, 2015

Finished! Tim & Nichole's baby quilt

My cousin Tim and his awesome wife Nichole are expecting their first child, a baby girl, any day now.  A baby quilt for the new baby was my November goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes (goal setting post #43).

I wanted something I Spy, and something I hadn't done before.  I settled on the Moda Bake Shop pattern Charming Stars.  Someone in a swap group I was in did this pattern and I really liked how hers looked and have planned on using that pattern when I make myself an I Spy quilt, but I'd been wanting to test it out.  This has 72 different things to spy. The solid purple is Kona Morning Glory and the sashing is a polka dot that I bought at recent quilt show.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
The back is an animal striped print that my mom bought like 5 yards of for $1 at a yard sale.  It's Northcott, so it's high quality, and though I initially thought it too busy for a fairly busy top, I'm pleased with it now.
My son (age 2) was outside with me when I was taking pictures, and he loved ducking underneath when the quilt was on the clothesline.
I like to think he is looking intently, playing I Spy!
One more picture, because I like looking at both quilt and Munchkin!
In addition to A Lovely Year of Finishes, this was on my list of Q4 goals for the finish along hosted by Adrianne.  (Please note that my blog changed names, so my post in the goal setting linky will no longer be active.)
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

2 comments:

  1. That turned out great. I love the idea of making a traditional pattern and using I-Spy fabrics. Congrats on your finish. (And your little guy is a great model!)

    ReplyDelete