Monday, June 6, 2016

Scrap Dance Tango Update

I've been doing the Scrap Dance Tango mystery quilt hosted by Carole at From My Carolina Home.  The mystery started in January, and I believe the next-to-last step will be posted this Friday.

Almost from the beginning, I've been woefully behind.  Step 1 included cutting fabrics and making half-square triangles.  For my chosen size, I need 1,100.  I am still not completely done with Step 1.

But I did finally complete Step 4.  These are Unit A, and will make up half the quilt.
This will not be the final layout.  It's still a mystery!
This quilt will be a Christmas gift for my dad, assuming I complete it in time.  He's visiting right now, so the pieces are hidden away.  Which means I will get even farther behind, but I at least feel like I am making progress!

I will be linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday once the linky is open. I'm having trouble with the button today, but you can find it here

3 comments:

  1. 1,100 HSTs! WOW! It's going to be stunning, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a crazy amount of HST's but it will be beautiful in the end. Are we ever really suppose to keep up with quilt alongs?? I hope not because I rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Secret sewing is challenging isn't it? I made a Dog Gone Cute for my daughter's last year and the studio door was firmly shut for 3 weeks with no admittance to children! I am sure your Dad will love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete