Sunday, May 24, 2020

Beep Beep Vroom Vroom

In January I joined the Charlotte chapter of the Modern Quilter's Guild.  Their charity project for 2020 is quilts for the kids who get meals from Friendship Trays. Friendship Trays delivers food to elderly or infirm individuals who can't obtain or prepare their own meals (similar to meals on wheels but without an age limit).  Friendship Trays includes delivery to families and it is estimated that at any given time, about 150 children ages 2-5 in the Charlotte metro are among the recipients.


Of course kids' quilts are my favorite thing to make!  I have lots of I Spy squares and for this one, I went with a theme.  I picked out 48 I Spy squares with any kid of car/truck/vehicle on them and sewed them together randomly as a leader and ender project.

With trucks, styled by Fire Monkey
I really wanted a center with some truck noises.  I used my Accuquilt alphabet die for the letters.  Beep Beep is in Kona Storm and Vroom Vroom is in Kona Lagoon. The background and binding are Kona Tan. 


The back is a fun Hot Wheels print that my mom gave me years ago.  It's perfect for this quilt! This is finish 17 for the year as I attempt to complete 52 projects in 2020. 

9 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt - how big is it? The Hot Wheels fabric is perfect for the back. This quilt will bring a smile to someone's face and keep them warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh some little one will adore this quilt, I can see him/her running his little cars and trucks all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome vehicle quilt, Emily!!! Great I-Spy for any child, for sure!!! Fun words and backing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt and fun to have the words on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun quilt! Love the cars and trucks. That backing is perfect. Some little one is going to be dragging that quilt every where.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to make a themed I-spy quilt. And the words to emphasize the theme are the perfect addition. I'm sure this will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another absolutely wonderful squares quilt! Anyone who loves cars and racing would love this, and it's so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!! My boys would have loved this when they were little. So much fun and the words are a fun addition. Excellent choice for the backing fabric too. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete