Saturday, May 2, 2020

Centered--first blocks

I've decided to follow along with Sandra of MMM Quilts on the quilt along for her quilt Centered.  I liked the design when I first saw it, and when I realized you could use a jelly roll, I was sold.  I have a strip set of Sunset Blooms by Island Batik from my most recent Ambassador box and it's been burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak.  Here are the first half of my blocks, in the arrangement they will be in the completed quilt:


The color representation in this photo isn't the greatest but it gives you an idea of the range of colors.  I'm loving this so much!  I've seen Sandra's QALs in the past but have never played along.  This was the year, and the fabric!

Center of Centered
The color representation is more accurate in this photo of the center blocks.  Sandra is doing a clue a week, released on Fridays.  These 8 blocks sewed up fairly quickly once I figured out how I wanted my fabric placement, so there is still time if you want to join in the fun.

These will not be placed together like this.
I'm using Centered as my OMG, or One Monthly Goal, in the linky party hosted by Patty of Elm Street Quilts.  I'll consider my goal met if the top is completed but truth be told, I'd really like to finish this in May.


8 comments:

  1. You're making good progress, and the colors of your fabrics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Emily, that jelly roll is perfect for this quilt--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love the way this looks and the two colors are so much fun. The blocks are fast, always something we love. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are off to a great start! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are full of temptation, my friend!!! Sunset Blooms is perfect for this quilt ... and it looks wonderful!!!
    yes ... temptation is looming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you chose. This will look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fabric line and the 2.5” strips(!) is perfect for this quilt! I am so glad you’re quilting along this year Emily. Thank you. I see sunny days growing here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked some beautiful fabrics for this project. Enjoy the stitching time and good luck on meeting your May OMG.

    ReplyDelete