Thursday, February 18, 2021

first blocks of Boho Heart

I have been working on my blocks for Boho Heart, a pattern by Jen Kingwell & Andrea Bair.  I've been wanting to make this quilt since last summer and I was lucky enough to find a quilt along starting February 1st hosted by Anne of Said With Love.  Anne has divided the blocks into ten groupings/weeks with two built-in catch-up weeks.  I started on the second week, so I actually made those blocks first.

These blocks all use HSTs and I was luck that they are all 2" finished HSTs because I have the accuquilt die for that.  Not having to trim the dog ears helps tremendously!  I am going full scrappy with these, using whatever calls to me in the moment from my Island Batik fabrics and scraps. 

I also made most of the blocks for week one.  I am missing Gardenvale, and I need to make two of them.  They will have to wait until after QuiltCon, as that will be my focus for the next five days.  I accidentally double cut the squares for some of the 4-patches so there are eight of those and I only need five.  I can figure out later if I want to use them all or if some will be extras.  

 

The neighbor's cat, Boba, crashed my photo shoot!

I set my One Monthly Goal as finishing at least twelve blocks for Boho Heart.  If you count all the 4-patches, I've made twenty-two, or nineteen if you subtract the extras.  Since February is a short month, I'm not sure that I'll be able to make more blocks before the end of the month, so I'm calling my OMG a success and will link up with Patty of Elm Street Quilts once the linky is open.  



8 comments:

  1. That's going to be so pretty! Cats and dogs definitely like to photobomb!! Chloe does especially when Gary is being the quilt model! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks. Good luck keping the pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Boba and thought - oh, Emily has a cat?! He's a handsome fella. Your blocks look great, Emily. It's going to be a pretty quilt with all those IB fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Those blocks are made of beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such colorful, fun and scrappy? Perfect combo for those blocks. Congrats on meeting your OMG already well before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete