Monday, February 22, 2021

Round Robin Round #6 -- Log Cabins

Welcome to round six of the Stay At Home Round Robin!  This week it was up to Susan from Quilt Fabrication to tell us what to add and she picked log cabins.

You may notice that I don't have a photo here to show you my log cabin round.  That's because I tried two different ways of incorporating log cabins into my top and I didn't really like either of them.  So after trying to make it work and deciding it didn't, I chose to skip this round.  I checked with the other hosts to be sure that skipping was ok, and we agreed that these quilts are very much individual and that's part of what we are loving about this process, therefore it was ok to skip if that's what the maker determined the quilt needed.  So, if you are not feeling a round or you are concerned about size, it is ok to skip, combine, or otherwise make it your own!

Here's a reminder of where I left off after last week's prompt of stars.  Next week is our last row, so whatever Gail chose to finish us off is what will show up in those empty corners.  If you are sewing along, be sure to link up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication.

Here are all the stops of the Stay at Home Round Robin so far.  Join us next week to see the final row!


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all came to the concensus that skipping a round is ok if you don't feel it fits. I love how your quilt is turning out so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not every technique works for every quilt. I appreciate that you recognized that fact, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking really good. Yes, every quilt should make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily! I can't imagine LC adding anything to yours either - thank you for reminding us we can skip it if it not speaking to us. I love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still liking your quilt, and leaving off a round is completely up to you. Will be fun to see the finish of this beauty next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your quilt and I think they do get a bit busy with so many rounds. I’m glad to see one of the bloggers leaving one off - helps the rest of us feel free to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily! I love creative design decisions. You have a vision for this quilt and if a round doesn't work, it doesn't work. Good call - I think this looks fab right now but you have to put something in those corners. HAHA! Can't wait to see the next round. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Log cabins are a tough one, and I'll admit, not my best choice. I think you are wise to skip this round, especially if you've worked on it and don't like what you've got. If it weren't my round choice, I would have skipped it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you decided to leave off this round!! It's totally fine. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that polar bear in all his regal glory. Looks like you are having loads of fun and I am looking forward to the next round. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not all elements work in each quilt, so glad you didn't have to force that one to fit. This is such a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete