Monday, May 16, 2022

Hexagon baby quilt

I have a colleague who recently had a baby boy.  I have made a baby quilt for every born of the library staff at work since starting this job in 2015.  I don't know this colleague very well as they are mostly at a different location, so I didn't have a lot of information to go on.  I had a really fun tractor print that I bought several years ago hoping to use for an I Spy swap, but then realized would have to be fussy cut and set it aside.  


This seemed like the perfect time to use it!  I recently got the Accuquilt large hexagon die that is compatible with the equilateral triangle die I already had.  I used Kona Rick Red for the triangles.  I didn't have enough to bind in red, so I used bright blue Kona Pacific instead.  The back is a fun cow print.  


I had to kind of think about how the rows went together and how to make sure the tractors were all in the correct orientation, but I do think this design and die work really well to showcase a larger-scale print.  It would also work well on a layer cake.  It's simple and it's fairly small, but I'm pleased with how it came out.

7 comments:

  1. What little boy wouldn't like a tractor quilt, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute!🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job on it. It always strikes me as odd what can cause our brains to hurt when trying to get things to go the right direction. Great use of the dies, too. I am sure this family will treasure their new quilt from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt. I love the blue binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute quilt, and I love the cow backing!

    ReplyDelete