Monday, January 22, 2024

Round Robin #1 Signature Blocks

Welcome back to the Stay at Home Round Robin!  This week it is Wendy's turn to tell us what to add, and she picked signature blocks.  Be sure to link up with her this week at Pieceful Thoughts.

Here is what I used as my starting center block, as shown last week:


I chose to make a border using signature blocks.  I cut out the blocks using my AccuQuilt 8" Cube (signature blocks are in one of the companion sets) and made a total of 24 signature blocks. The fabrics are all Island Batik, the two in the signature blocks are a dark purple blender and the neutral Almond.


I sewed my blocks together in kind of a zig zag, alternating the direction of the block.


Here they are surrounding my center. Because of the zig zag pattern, I opted not to use signature blocks in the corners.  I'll leave the corners for the next round.  So after the 1st round, here is what my quilt looks like:


Don't forget to check out all of the hosts to see what they did with signature blocks!  If you are sewing along, Wendy has the link up this week.  Remember that you get an entry into the prize drawing from our sponsors every week you link up.

13 comments:

  1. Love the zig zag frame for your center block. Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I don't know why I can't sign in to comment??? Oh well.... Anyway, I am loving the start of your SAHRR project. I look forward to this event quite a lot each year. Do you plan to add in other colors are stay with the two colors? Just curious.

    Bernie from Needle and Foot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking! Can't wait to see how the corners develop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at purple fabric today, and thinking of you! The added border to your center block really makes it shine. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! That dark purple is striking and really adds to your centre block!! It's going to be fun to see how your quilt develops as it grows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your border and it really enhances the block. It will be fun to see whether your corners are part of the next round or another design element.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and welcome back to the Stay at Home Round Robin! Wendy's choice of signature blocks adds a personal touch. Your use of the AccuQuilt 8" Cube for 24 signature blocks is a fantastic start. Excited to see the progression with the Island Batik fabrics!

    In case you need info about hooker furniture collection take a look at here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sets your center block off so strikingly. I can’t wait to see what ends up in those corners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dark blocks create a lovely border for your centre piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your page and the gorgeous quilt you created. Will this ever be available as a pattern?

    ReplyDelete