Monday, January 15, 2024

Stay at Home Round Robin 2024: The beginning

Welcome to Stay at Home Round Robin 2024!  Today is when the six hosts, including me, reveal our center blocks.  I decided on a scrappy monochromatic color pallet this year.  I'm using a variety of Island Batik purples with the neutral Almond.  The fabrics in the center are leftover from English Lavender and Limerick, both collections from last year.  The chain blocks feature a really dark purple blender from the Foundations collection.  (I know it's reading as black in the photo, but it's dark purple.) Without further ado, here is my center:


It measures 24" square at this point.  That's much larger than I've used in the past.  I did a lot more planning ahead that I have for previous SAHRRs.  This will be a gift for one of Fire Monkey's teachers whose favorite color is purple, so I had a finished size in mind.  Most of my teacher quilts finish in the neighborhood of 60" x 60", so that's what I am aiming for.

Want to sew along?  Decide on a center block.  Want to use what you already have?  Go ahead!  An orphan block would make a great center, and then you're already done!  Link up with Quilting Gail.  For every week you link up, you will get an entry into the prize drawing in March.  We have great sponsors this year!  Full list at the bottom of the post.

Each week, one of the six hosts will pick a prompt for the next round.  Don't like medallion style quilts?  Do a row by row or sampler style--this is your quilt!  Here's the schedule for the rounds:

Looking for some inspiration?  Here are my SAHRR quilts from the past three years:

2023 Flamingo Fun

 

 

2022 (Unnamed)


 

2021: Ursa Major

I hope you will consider sewing along!  As promised, here is the list of prizes from our sponsors:




6 comments:

  1. This will be such a fun block to turn into a quilt! Can't wait to see all the beauty you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those purples! I'm looking forward to the SAHRR, I got to play along last year and had such fun. Looking forward to checking out each new round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty block, and it's so you with all that luscious purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, LOVE it!! Purple is my favorite color too and I love the block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flamingo quilt! And I'm looking forward t seeing this year's quilt grow :)

    ReplyDelete