Sunday, February 4, 2024

Island Batik Unboxing

I am honored to have been selected as an Island Batik Ambassador for the sixth year!  Island Batik has given me a lot of opportunities and being involved in the ambassador program has pushed my creativity and skill in ways that I could not have dreamed when I fist applied for 2019.  

The best days of the year for an Island Batik ambassador are the days that the boxes of goodies arrive!  This year's box weighed 35 pounds!  It was stuffed with gorgeous Island Batik fabric and other items that quilters need from industry sponsors Hobbs, Oliso, Schmetz, and Studio 180 Designs.  Check out my unboxing video!

If you want a closer look at those gorgeous fabrics, here are some additional photos.  I also couldn't always find the stickers with the names of the Foundations fabrics when I filmed the video, so that is documented here.

First, there is a half yard bundle of Fairy Floss, with 2 yards each of Foundations Boysenberry and Oatmeal.  Fairy Floss is a beautiful collection by Tammy Silvers of Tamarinis.


My other Fall collection is Breezy by Kate Colleran.  I got a 10" stack with coordinating yardage of Mint and Marble in Blackberry.

My main Winter collection is a surprise; you'll have to wait until May to see what is in the package!  The precuts from Winter collections are available now, though, and I got a strip pack of Fire & Ice with coordinating yardage of Cornsilk and Dandelion in Black.  

 

There are also 3 packs of Stash Builder strips.  These are 5" x WOF, so very versatile!  There's almost 3 yards of fabric in each pack!


We all need great background fabric!  I have 4 yards each of solid white, black, and gray.  There is also an unbelievable 6  yards of Moo Milk, one of the neutrals.


I also have 12 half-yard cuts of always-available Foundations fabrics.  These are in 3 categories: Solids (Red, Turquoise, Lime Green, and Amethyst)  Basics (Honeydew, Malibu, Mint, Vibes) and Blenders (Bubbles in Raspberry, Bubble Hole in Leaf, Foulard in Waterfall, Bubbles in Cherry)

And two more pre-cuts, this time from Gradations.  Island Batik recently expanded their basics and has assembled color gradations in pre-cuts.  I was sent a strip pack of Precious Pinks and a 10" stack of Brilliant Blues.

Then finally, there were items from Island Batik's industry partners.  Schmetz sent 3 packets of needles.  Studio 180 Designs sent me their Tucker Trimmer tool and a Quilter's Magic Wand.  Hobbs sent two throw size (60") batts; one is a silk batting, the other is wool.  And last but certainly not least, Oliso is a new sponsor and they sent me a pretty yellow iron!  I'm so excited to use this iron that feels like magic because you don't have to lift it! Aurifil will be sending thread later, and there will be a challenge featuring Funky Friends Factory stuffed toy patterns.


Thanks to Island Batik and all their partners for all the goodies!  I can't wait to show you all the projects I'll be making with these gorgeous fabrics over the next 6 months!



3 comments:

  1. All of those fabric collections are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you make for all the challenges this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of fabric! And that iron...I am sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete