Monday, February 12, 2024

Round Robin #4: Square in a Square

Welcome back to the Stay at Home Round Robin!  This week, what we're adding is up to Brenda at Songbird Designs.  She is giving us a choice: Square in a Square units, or blocks on point.  Before we get to what I added, here is a look at where I left off after my triangle round last week:


From here on out, I am going sampler-style with 12" blocks around the middle that is made up of my center block and first two rounds.  I created a block that started with a square-in-a-square, and then used HSTs and flying geese to create a second square-in-a-square effect.  

I made four of the blocks and added them to the center of each side.  Someone commented last week that they wonder if my triangle blocks would stay in the same positions.  They are sewn in now, so yes!  There are three different purples in these blocks.  I am using various purple Island Batik scraps and the background fabric is a neutral called Almond.  Here is how it all looks after this round:


Be sure to link up with Brenda this week if you are sewing along!  Remember, every time you link up, you get an entry into the prize drawings from our fabulous sponsors; all prizes will be drawn in March after our parade of finishes.  

And be sure to check out all of our hosts this week to see what they did!

  • January 15th: SAHRR starts!  Link your Center Block with Gail of @ Quilting Gail
  • January 22nd: 1st Round: Signature Blocks * Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts
  • January 29th: 2nd Round: Two Colors * Anja @ Anja Quilts
  • February 5th: 3rd Round: Triangles * Emily @ The Darling Dogwood (That's me!)
  • February 12th: 4th Round: Square in a Square or Set On Point * Brenda @ Songbird Designs
  • February 19th: : 5th Round: Gail @ Quilting Gail 
  • February 26th: 6th Round:  Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing
  • March 18th: Parade: showing all of your finished SAHRRs!


5 comments:

  1. Emily, it looks great. I love the colours you are using. I often combine pinks and purples in both my clothing choices and in fabric, but using a good number of values of the one colour are very effective.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that second square-in-a-square effect, and the three purples you are using are creating such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous block and placement! It is so much fun seeing all the different options we have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You picked some fun blocks for the square in the square. This is going to be such a cool quilt. I love how you are using the blocks to build out the border.

    ReplyDelete