Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finished! Dogwood Wall Hanging

I have a thing for dogwoods.  They are one of my favorite flowering sights in spring.  They are also the state flower of the state where I was born (Virginia) and the state where I live (North Carolina).  So I sometimes buy things with dogwoods.  I bought a pattern for a wall hanging at the Statesville Needle Arts Expo in January 2011.  That's right, I bought the pattern 4 years ago and just finished it last weekend.  I'm not sure when I actually started working on it, but it sat idle for a while.  It is half finished no longer!





This is my first time adding beaded embellishments to a quilt.  I also used Spectrum Noir markers to give detail to the dogwood petals. Here is a detail shot of one of the petals.
I'm very pleased with how it turned out!  I think I will hang it in my new office.

The pattern is Dogwood from the Floral Fling series by The Overall Quilter.

This is a Quarter 1 finish for the Finish Along, hosted by On the Windy Side
Click here for the original project list.

1 comment: