Saturday, February 22, 2020

Orange: Rainbow Scrap Challenge

My goal for the 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, hosted by Angela of So Scrappy, is to use my strings. I chose a loose log cabin block and am letting my strings dictate how many to make of each color.


I started by making five blocks.  Thing is, I realized fairly far into the process that I didn't have enough for five, so I chopped one of them up and used it to supplement the others.  I'm trimming these to 8 1/2" unfinished.  So that's why there some of the center white & black polka dot fabric on the edges of two of these.  I don't think it matters, but we'll see at the end of the year when I'm assembling the final project.


5 comments:

  1. I don't think it will be that big of a deal to have the chopped up extra bit. Do it again in another color and it will be a feature of your RSC project! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you made it all work! I think polka dots are welcome anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! Your polka dot centers are a perfect touch of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the off set polka dot squares. It will be fun to see how it goes together at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polka dots provide the perfect focus to the juicy orange blocks :-)

    ReplyDelete