Monday, July 5, 2021

July OMG: a new leader and ender

I enjoy using leaders and enders as I sew.  I don't waste nearly as much thread, I feel like I don't waste as much time, and I love the progress that can be made on projects with lots of pieces.  Projects with no deadline or timeline work best for leaders and enders. The problem is that I have to pick a project and prep the pieces.  I currently need a new one and I'm using the One Monthly Goal as my kick in the pants to choose something and do the prep work.  My goal will be successful if I pick a pattern, decide what scraps I will use for it, and cut out a bunch of pieces to start.

I have not yet chosen a pattern but I have this new book by Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs and I will likely use a pattern or inspiration from the book. Thanks to Patty of Elm Street Quilts for the monthly motivational link up!



2 comments:

  1. I never think to do leaders and enders, but I can see the advantage. Will be fun to see what project you pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaders and enders is a great way to make progress on a project without focusing too much on it. It's the only way I've finished a few of the Bonnie Hunter mysteries. I love Cheryl's new book. I'm hoping to get some more UFOs off the list so I can make something out of it soon. Looking forward to seeing which pattern you pick.

    ReplyDelete