Thursday, April 28, 2022

Ripple

I am always looking for quilt patterns that make good leader & ender projects.  When I saw the youtube tutorial for Missouri Star Quilt Co's Lakeview Terrace, I thought it would be a good one.  I cut lots of blue & green Island Batik scraps into 2 1/2 strips (or partial strips) and cut them down to the right size for the pattern. I used Island Batik's solid gray for the background.


As I was making it, I hoped the blues and greens would look like waves.  Waves = water rippling which made me think of the song Ripple by the Greatful Dead.  I love that song so was glad to continually have it in my head while piecing. So of course I've named this Ripple.

 


Truth be told, I like Jenny's version better than mine.   But it was a great leader and ender and is perfect for leftover bits of jelly roll strips.  I do like these photos, taken at a quilt retreat weekend with my friend Kate last month--we could see the mountains from where we had our sewing machines set up!  It was fabulous.





7 comments:

  1. I think your version turned out really well! I like blues and greens together, and the movement does make me think of water ripples. Nice finish! What a pretty view at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty and calming, I love it! And that view, how did you ever get any sewing done:0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Emily! I LOOOOOVE your version!!! Those colors have sure been speaking to me lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ripple, Emily! Very calming and definitely makes me think of waves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is a perfect leader and ender! And most of all, I LOVE the quilt! The blues and greens are lovely!!! And, it looks like you had the perfect spot for a retreat and photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful quilt. I am looking at it while it is 100 degrees outside. And it feels like a cool breeze for my eyes. Solid grey is a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete