Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Trigangle Try-Out

When I first decided to use my Accuquilt equilateral triangle die for the Triangle Tricks challenge, I knew I should probably make a test project.  I wasn't sure how the seams would nest or how to finish the edges and I didn't want to practice with such an important project.  The die is a great size to use with 5" charm squares, so I dug out a charm pack of Flour Garden by Linzee Kull McCray that I won a few years ago.  I ran the charm pack through the Accuquilt cutter and randomly sewed triangles together.  

It's not particularly big, but it gave me a good chance to test it out and use up some fabric I've had for a while. And since it's fabric I've had for a while, this qualifies for my version of Gail's PhD challenge--while Gail's focus is on Projects Half Done, I am also focusing on using up fabric I've had for a while.  It helps that after doing the PhD challenge for several years, I don't have a lot of UFOs left, but the fabric supply feels like it never depletes at all 😀

2 comments:

  1. That turned out very cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out, Emily! I know what you mean about the fabric supply never depleting! LOL

    ReplyDelete