Monday, September 19, 2022

Car Pillow

Over the weekend, I went to visit a friend and former colleague who had a baby over the summer.  I was able to finally take Totally Triangles to its adorable new owner.  Baby Girl has an older brother, aged 2 1/2 years.  When I give a baby quilt to a new arrival with an older sibling, I like to make something small for the older child as well.  I know young Michael loves cars and trucks, so I made him a pillow.

I cut the cars with my Accuquilt Go--the Cute Car is a super fun die.  I loved the roads I made as the borders for my Row by Row back in February, so I added a border of roads as well.  I am pleased to say that Michael loved it!  When he realized that the outer border was a road, he immediately went looking for his small trucks and had them drive on the road.  He also wanted to put his pillow on the couch and made me move the throw pillow next to me to make room for the car pillow.  I call that success!

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet of you to think of the sibling also. Cute that he went looking for his little cars right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do that, too, with older sibs getting a new one to uproot their lives. This car pillow was definitely a success - using it with cars right away and then placing it on the couch. Great job, Emily.

    ReplyDelete