Wednesday, January 6, 2016

First finish of 2016!

Yesterday, I finished this Project Linus I Spy quilt.  The pink butterfly print was donated to my local chapter, and I looked through my stash of I Spy squares and looked for ones that are girly but not pink.  I had a miscut with the pink so it wasn't quite as big as I like, so I added a border of a purple stripe, and the binding is scrappy pink solids.



I do a lot of alternating squares/checkerboard style quilts with my I Spys because they are easy, fun, always look good, and come together quickly.  Here is a closeup:

This was on my list of Q4 goals for the 2015 Finish Along hosted by Adrianne.  The linky is still open, so I am linking up, even though I finished in 2016.  I think that's legit.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

1 comment:

  1. Pretty quilt Emily! You had made a comment on my blog asking about the size sash on Scrappy Kelly quilt. It is 1 inch finished!

    ReplyDelete