Friday, January 1, 2016

Last finish of 2015

I finished hand sewing the binding on this quilt last night just before 10pm.  My friend Snow gave me a bag of I Spy scraps that were 2 1/2 inches wide and various lengths.  I sorted through her scrpas and broke them up into 2 groups.  I added a few of my own scraps, and used a donated moon & stars fabric for the little squares in between the strips.
I like the Jelly Roll Race pattern for scraps, but the problem I always have is getting the size right.  I was lucky enough to have a little bit of the moon & stars fabric left.  I had planned to use it for binding, but I used it to make the proportions a little bit better instead, and went with white solid binding to use up some leftovers. 
This was on my Q4 list for the finish along hosted by Adrianne as "Jelly Roll Race: Moon & Stars."  My original goal setting post is here.  (Please note that my blog changed names, so my post in the goal setting linky will no longer be active.)

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

No comments:

Post a Comment