At some point several years ago, my mom sent me some novelty fabric because she knows I love it, and one of the pieces was this wizard print. If you look, you'll see wizards, stars, owls, dragons, and crescent moons.
At a quilt show in 2015, I bought 2 batiks with stars in them to go with this. I finally sewed it up into a top.
It's simple, but it made the most of the fabric I had. We've had lots of rainy weather lately, so no good shot of it hanging on the line. You can't tell from the picture, but it's a scrappy binding. I had one strip each left of the two batiks, and I mixed in some purple strips left from the jelly roll used to make my Quilt for Pulse last summer.
For quilting, I used the star stitch on my machine, and I did both sides of the wizard stripes and the lighter colored stripes. I used a variegated thread with pinks and purples in it. I really like how the stitching looks.
This was project #12 on my list of Q2 goals for the globally hosted finish along.