Monday, February 27, 2017

February Bee Blocks

I forgot this year how short February is.  I've had all my blocks ready to go for a while now, but they will get mailed on the last day of the month.

Tammy from Stash Bee is making a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting.  The friend is a big Harry Potter fan and is clearly hoping for a Baby Gryffindor, as her colors are maroon and gold.  I didn't have much in the way of novelty/kids fabrics in those colors, but one maroon is stars and the other has feathers, so I hope those will do.  This is a disappearing nine patch and I really like this particular layout. 


I also did a Stash Bee Hive Crash.  Allison in Hive 7 is an immigrant, and her turn came just days after the first executive order that blocked immigration.  She was feeling frustrating and asked for pink pussycat hat blocks (and offered her original block as an alternative for those who may not share her political views). My husband is an immigrant and Allison's comments really resonated with me, so I made a hat in protest and solidarity.

Sue is Queen Bee in Bee Inspired.  Sue asked for an Inside Addition block in medium or dark colors and she wants a rainbow.  I chose a deep green. I cut too many squares so I have some extra half square triangles to send along, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment