Monday, February 5, 2024

Round Robin #3: Triangles

Welcome back to the Stay at Home Round Robin!  This week it's my turn to provide the prompt, and I chose triangles.  Before we talk about how I incorporated triangles into this round, let's take a look at where I left off last week:
 


I mentioned in my starting post that I did more planning ahead this year than I have in previous years.  This will be one of this year's teacher quilts and I aim for those to finish close to 60" square.  After last week's round, the quilt is 36" square.  If I make 12" blocks for the remainder of rounds and use those as sort of a sampler or a large border, the quilt will finish at 60" square--right on the money! 

 

My next step was to deign a block with triangles.  I did most of my cutting for the entire quilt with my Accuquilt 8" cube, and one of the companion sets has a triangle in a square block, so I made sure to add those in my block.  And of course there is the classic quilter's unit of the half square triangle!  Any form of triangles that you want will work for this round.



I made four of my triangle-heavy blocks.  And here is what it looks like now:


Be sure to link up this week!  It's ok if you are behind and need to link up with a previous round.  Every week you link up, you will be entered into the drawing for prizes at the end of the Stay at Home Round Robin.  Here is a list of the sponsors and prizes!  To win, we need to know who you are and where you are (which country) so please add your name & location to any comment so that you get credit for linking up.

PRIZES & SPONSORS

LINK UP

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

I can't wait to see what you do with triangles!  Be sure to check out all the hosts and see their interpretations of triangles for this round:

14 comments:

  1. You've picked some great fabrics for this year's SAHRR. I'm enjoying the less prescriptive prompts this year, but that makes it harder as your options are so much more open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's coming along beautifully, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stars are gorgeous. These blocks sparkle against the prior rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those star blocks are so pretty! The recipient is going to love this quilt! How many years have you made teacher quilts now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily - the teachers in your life are so fortunate!! What a beautiful gift this will be. Now to think of how I want to use triangles in my project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE your star blocks!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily! Oh, I love your approach for the last couple of rounds. You'll be keeping us in the dark until the final round, which is the whole point anyway. Love your star blocks! I'll stay tuned to see if they remain as you've placed them. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s looking purple-icious! Such a neat idea to make teacher quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous, Emily!! Love the stars! I almost forgot to link up but I made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Wow, this blog is a treasure trove of valuable information! Every post is well-researched and provides insights that I haven't found elsewhere. Kudos to the author for their dedication to quality content!"
    https://www.discountdrift.com/promotions/all-stores

    ReplyDelete
  11. "This blog stands out for its commitment to inclusivity and diversity. It addresses a wide range of perspectives and experiences, ensuring that everyone feels represented and valued. It's refreshing to see such inclusivity in the blogging world!"
    https://www.couponsstudio.com/all-stores

    ReplyDelete