Thursday, June 29, 2017

Growth Chart

One of my favorite projects is the growth chart I made my son.  When my brother and his wife and daughter were visiting last December, I asked if they wanted a growth chart for my niece.  And I was thrilled that they did!  While visiting, my sister-in-law went through my 2 1/2" I Spy strips and picked out the ones she liked and created the order she wanted, and she used my Kona color card to choose Graphite for the background and Mulberry for the name & numbers.


I used a fun cat print for the back because my niece is crazy about cats. Her best friend is her cat, Orco.

I used the same method & measurement for this chart that I did when making my son's.  I combined this Moda Bake Shop tutorial by Vanessa from the Craft Gemini, with this picture of charts made for twin boys, which were based on this picture into something that works for me.  I am really happy with this chart, and the idea in general, and I am now thinking these might make good baby shower gifts when the name is known ahead of time.


Sadly, I don't have a picture of this one in use.  She should be getting it soon, though, as it is currently on a cross-country trip with my dad, her Grandpa, from North Carolina to Oregon.

This chart was my June OMG for the monthly motivational link-up hosted by Patty of Elm Street Quilts (I was goal-setter #72) and was #1 on my list of Q2 goals for the globally hosted finish along.
Elm Street Quilts


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea for a growth chart. That kitty fabric is very fun!

    ReplyDelete