Monday, April 8, 2019

Fat Quarter Quilts

Last fall, I visited my college friend Jen.  We've known each other a long time and I know her family, too.  I was sent home with 2 big boxes of fabric and other craft supplies from Jen's mom, Judy.  Judy, a life-long crafter, realized she won't use all her craft supplies in her lifetime so as the essentially adopted daughter, I was given a TON of fabric and other sewing supplies. Much of the fabric was fat quarters, both lose and in coordinated bundles.  I had been seeing all the quilts that Nancy of Grace and Peace Quilting made in 2018 using the Simple Gifts pattern from the booklet Fat Quarter Love by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr and decided this was a pattern I needed to own.




I had a fun fat quarter of musical horses that I bought at a LQS several years ago because I liked it, but never knew what to do with it  I combined those horses with 3 fat quarters from Judy and tada!  Fun quilt!  Here's the fabric pull so you can see the fabrics better:


 From a lovely coordinated bundle of fall fabrics, I picked out four that I liked together and presto!  Another fun finish!







I know, it's a fall quilt being photographed in spring.  Perhaps it looks more fall-like on a barn?










Both are quilted with cross-hatch quilting and bound with whatever leftover binding I had that seemed to go with the main fabrics.  Simple Gifts sews up very quickly and I can see making quite a few more!  You'll be seeing many more quilts made with the fabrics Judy gave me.  These will both go to my local chapter of Project Linus.








These were quilts #18 & #19 on my list of Q1 finish along goals. They were also both on my list
of projects needed for my PhD (Projects Half Done) with Quilting Gail.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful finishes!! It is a challenge to use up what we already have, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just awesome to be the recipient of a box/bag of fabric. And then to put it to such good use! I have had the pleasure in the past of receiving a couple boxes and still have some left for my donation quilt usage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Emily! I love your crosshatching. And the photos are sew much fun! These will be appreciated and show/share love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are lovely. I like that the two versions show how versatile the quick pattern is. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete