Sunday, August 11, 2019

Utility Apron

I've been absent here for almost two weeks.  No particular reason other than sometimes it's hard to keep up.  I'm behind on reading blogs, too.  But to get myself back in the rhythm, here is a project I finished two months ago that I still hadn't blogged.


I've had a few occasions at work when I wished I had a utility apron. I've used my clothespin apron (made before the blog) a few times but it's not really ideal.  When inventory at my job was coming up in June, I decided it was the right time to finally make one.  I used this adorable panda book print that came from the etsy shop Bunny's Designs that specializes in Japanese fabrics.  I won a gift certificate to the shop through the Finish Along last year and these pandas with books were my favorite find. The tan and red fabrics came from a fat quarter pack of Shabby by Lori Holt that was one of the mystery prizes from Fat Quarter Shop last year on Black Friday.


I followed a tutorial I found from Sugar Bee Crafts.  I knew what I wanted to be able to have in my pockets, so I adjusted her original instructions to have a few smaller openings for Sharpies, regular pens, and scissors.  I also kept post-its and tissues in the bigger pockets.  I worked great; I got several comments at work, and best of all I had everything I needed during inventory on my person! The book pandas, especially, were a big hit, though I suppose that's to be expected when you work in a library!

5 comments:

  1. Perfectly adorable! And I can see how it would be so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and useful for that task, I'm sure! Love that book fabric; so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and the prints are just perfect! I sometimes get into wearing an apron when I sew and I am always happy when I do. Need to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun, but very practical. It's so easy to get behind on the blog reading. Hope you have a chance to catch your breath.

    ReplyDelete