Saturday, January 14, 2023

A Start to 2023

Happy New Year!  I know I am a bit late with that, but the last two months of 2022 were pretty terrible for me and I'm still dealing with a lot of things, and haven't been able to write blog posts in a while.  I've been sewing as much as I can, though, and should have things to show soon. 


In the meantime, I'm excited to be starting 2023 as an Island Batik Ambassador, my fifth year with the program.  I am honored to have another year with this great company working with their beautiful fabrics!  There are some fun challenges in store for this year! There are quite a few new faces for 2023; you can see the full list of Island Batik Ambassadors here.  And we're each getting an introductory post this year!  Mine hasn't been posted yet, but if you keep an eye on the Island Batik blog, you can read them all as they go up.


I never did announce a winner for my giveaway that went with the Crayola Explosion quilt from the Lone Star blog hop in December.  Cindy L. is the winner of a set of strips from the Chickadee collection; I've emailed to let her know and will hopefully get to the post office this week.

I have some fun quilts planned for 2023!  I hope your year has been off to a great start, and I look forward to seeing what we all can make this year.



4 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been having a rough time. 2022 wasn't great for me either, but maybe both of us have turned the corner in 2023. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Emily, I am sorry this has been a rough time for you. Glad to know you are getting some sewing in. Definitely will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the end of 2022 was was rough. Hopefully 2023 has gotten off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing what projects you work on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things are looking up for you, sorry for the rough patch. Congrats on being an IB Ambassador again!

    ReplyDelete