Sunday, September 29, 2024

Flower Pot blog hop: Garden Breeze

Welcome to my stop on the Flower Pot blog hop!  Flower Pot is a beautiful new fabric collection by Island Batik that is a signature collection for my friend in Quilt Land, Jennifer of Inquiring Quilter.  I loved these bright, pretty florals the moment I saw them and was so thrilled that Jennifer asked me to make something with these gorgeous fabrics.  With a name like Flower Pot and the beautiful flower motifs in the fabric, I knew I wanted to make quilty flowers.  I decided on my pattern Garden Breeze, so named because of the combination of flower and pinwheel blocks. 


I decided to use all 6 of the primarily pink fabrics in Flower pot for the flowers, and 2 of the fabrics that read mostly yellow for the flower centers.  There is a beautiful green/teal with very occasional bits of purple in it for the pinwheels.  And I selected a fabulous multi-colored fabric from the line for the binding.  I chose the Basic Flour from the Neutrals collection as the background, partially because I like the gentle swirls in it and partly because of the play on words of Flour/Flower. 😀 ⚘  Overall, there are 10 fabrics from Flower Pot in the quilt, plus Flour. 



I am so thrilled with how Garden Breeze looks in Flower Pot fabrics!  I had this in various stages on my design wall for about a month.  My design wall is in the hallway and you can see it from the couch, so I loved seeing it out of the corner of my eye when watching TV with my family. 

 
 
I quilted with organic wavy lines, my favorite quilting motif.  I hope it looks like a gentle Garden Breeze!  Ha!  Buttercup was quite interested in the quilting and insisted she be allowed to inspect the proceedings.   
 
 
This quilt is Buttercup Approved
 
I thought about adding an additional pinwheel block to each corner of the sashing, but I didn't like it when I laid it out.  So then I had 4 extra pinwheel blocks. The student art club at the community college where I work is doing an community quilt project this month, so I turned those pinwheels and a few other Flower Pot fabrics into a 12" block for that quilt! 


To celebrate Flower Pot, Jennifer has put together a full schedule of quilty goodness!  She is having a giveaway of a fat quarter bundle of these gorgeous fabrics.  You can enter to win here.  She is also hosting a Quilt Along of her pattern Charlotte that starts on October 10th, and there are additional prizes for people sewing along.  AND Charlotte has a companion quilt pattern; while you make Charlotte there are bonus HSTs that can be used to make Lydia.  See the Charlotte & Lydia patterns here and register for the Quilt Along.

Here is the schedule of fabulous designers showing off Flower Pot fabrics with their beautiful designs and creations:

Flower Pot Blog Hop

September 23rd – Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter (Enter to win FQ Pack!)
September 24th – Andi @ True Blue Quilts
September 25th – Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter (Return & find out another way to win)
September 26th – Lisa @ Lisa’s Quilting Passion
September 27th – Tiffany @ Needles In A Hayes Stack See Tiffany’s quilt at Jennifer’s Facebook or Instagram
September 28th – Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing
September 29th – Emily @ The Darling Dogwood  🠜 You Are Here!
September 30th – Denise @ Quiltery
October 1st – Jane @ Stitch By Stitch Custom Quilting
October 2nd – Sue @ Larkspur Lane Designs
October 3rd – Laura @ Slice of Pi
October 4th – Brianna @ Sew Cute and Quirky
October 5th – Leah @ Quilted Delights
October 6th – Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter — (Winner Announced!)

There is also an Instagram Loop October 7th through October 9th with more prizes!  I hope enjoy all the Flower Pot goodness!


1 comment:

  1. I love these flowers in the Flower Pot line...so gorgeous. I am glad you did this block, so much fun to see. The pinwheels remind me of pinwheels in the garden when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete