Saturday, October 29, 2016

Jammin' Jelly Roll

I think it was last summer that I found a really good deal on a mini jelly roll.  I had just discovered the Fat Quarter Shop's Shortcut Quilt Series on YouTube, and I looked at both Jelly Roll Jam and Jelly Roll Jam II patterns.  I went with Jelly Roll Jam II.  This jelly roll didn't have as much variety in prints as most do, but I'm still pleased with how it turned out.


 At a recent Project Linus meeting, a fellow volunteer (blanketeer!) showed me a quilt that she quilted with a continuous circle. I had been wanting to try that and thought this one might be a good one for it. You can kind of see it from this picture.

 It's easier to see from the back, if you can forgive the terrible picture:

And here's a close up of the center:

I liked this way of quilting and think it's pretty likely I'll use it again in the future.  It went rather quickly, and since the actual quilting is my least favorite step after layering, quick is good!  And I'm happy with how it looks.

In case you are wondering, that backing is brown fleece.  I back almost all my Project Linus quilts with fleece (no batting).  I really like the overall weight and it gives it such a snuggly feel.  It's also easier to layer and let's face it, it's cheaper.  It allows me to do more donation quilts over all.

This was on my list of Q4 goals for the globally hosted finish along.  (It's goal #15 on my list.) I'll also be linking up with Julie at the The Crafty Quilter for her monthly "Hello 2016, Goodbye UFOs" monthly linkup.

2016 FAL

No comments:

Post a Comment