Saturday, October 15, 2016

Q4 Goals

I am a big fan of the Finish Along, this year with multiple hosts from around the globe.  I did well in Quarter 3, finishing 5 projects and getting several more closer to completion.  And, of course, I came up with even more I want to do!

General Projects and Gifts
1. Verona's quilt
I've been making a twin-sized I Spy quilt for my niece. She's coming to visit in December and will be here the day after her birthday, so this is a must finish.
2. sewing machine cover
I've been wanting a sewing machine cover for a while now.  I found a great tutorial by Vanessa of The Crafty Gemini, and I plan to use batik scraps.  

3. Produce bags?
I'm not sure if this is fancy enough to qualify as a goal, but it sure is a UFO! Several Christmases ago, I made produce bags for my brother & his wife at their request.  I liked them, and bought the right material to make some for myself.  And that material has sat in a drawer every since.  I've got all I need for this, I just need to actually do it.

4. Rainbow name tag
I've been wanting to make a sewing-themed name tag for myself or a while. I mostly want it for my Project Linus meetings, because frankly it drives me nuts that we don't wear name tags, but I also see wearing to shows and other potential quit-related events. I have a pile of scraps set aside for this project.

Pillow Menagerie
I liked making the Penguin Pillow for my son's birthday and I have now decided to make us a small menagerie of pillows so I can get rid of the cushions original to our couch. They are way too big and I hate them. I did a recent trip to a LQS and bought solid fabrics for three pillows:

8. Munchkin's Halloween Costume
I found a great book on making costumes from hooded sweatshirts.  I recently bought a blue fleece pullover at a kids' consignment sale that will become a Superman costume. Here is my very basic Superman symbol made from felt.  It should be noted that I am going for recognizable and not necessarily completely authentic. 

9. Gummie's Quilt
I've been making scrappy butterflies all year as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I'm still a little behind, but I plan to put them together for a quilt for a young lady who is expected to enter the world in December. (Gummie is what the parents are calling the Little Lady until she makes her grand debut.) 

10. Car Carrier for Munchkin
My kid is crazy about trucks, and we can't go anywhere without having a few with us. I'm planning on making him some sort of carrier and/or play mat for Christmas.  I've seen a variety of patterns, included those recapped here.  I'm planning to combine 2 patterns that I like.

Minis
11. batik hexies
My hand sewing batik hexie project is progressing slowly. I have the top all together, all the extras hexies for the back are completed and sewn together, now I am sewing the back to the front. I'm sort of making up the finishing process as I go along, as I haven't found a tutorial that completely works for me.

12. Hazel
I've been wanting to do a Hazel the Hedgehog quilt for a while now.  I finally bought the pattern.  I have some fancy marbled fabrics that I bought years ago that I'm finally going to use, and I have already picked out all my lovely Kona solids to go with them.

13. North Carolina
I don't normally do Row by Row, but one of the local shops in this area really highlighted North Carolina in their row and I love it. I bought the kit and plan to make it as a mini to add to the wall of minis in my office. 


Kids/Project Linus
14. dinosaur
I found this great fabric in the craft bin at my (now former) library.  I plan to do some machine blanket stitch now that I have a machine that can do that!
 15. green, white, & brown mini jelly roll
I've been into strips lately.  I found a great deal on a mini jelly roll, and I'm using the Fat Quarter Shop's Jelly Roll Jam II tutorial. Top is now complete, but I don't have a progress picture.

16. wizards/stars
My mom gave me this wizard fabric, and I bought some batik fabrics with stars to go with it. I have a plan for this, I just need to do it.


17. arrow
I modified this pattern to work with 2 inch squares.  I've got the arrow parts made.

18. leaders/enders I Spy scrap qiult
I've been doing a scrap quilt as my leader and ender project and it is now ready to be joined into the bigger blocks that will make up the completed quilt. 


I'm linking up with She Can Quilt and the global FAL hosts.


2016 FAL

3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful projects, good luck on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some list Emily, you have some lovely projects there. I must get organised to do a leader and ender project, such a great idea to do, if only I could decide on a pattern.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I love about a large list, is the variety of things to work on. If you start getting burnt out on a project you can hopefully make progress on something else. Good luck with you list, it's full of lots of fun projects, I'm not sure how you will choose.

    ReplyDelete