Thursday, February 27, 2020

I Spy Leader & Ender

I enjoy using leader and ender projects as I'm piecing.  Sometimes I use them to advance projects I need push to work on, but most of the time I choose scraps and just go to town.  This particular quilt is made with 3 1/2" squares of I Spy scraps.  I limited how many of each fabric I used but other than that, whatever I had that was already cut is what went into the pile for piecing.


Yes, that's our really pathetic dusting of snow from last weekend that you see there.  No pretty "quilt on a blanket of snow" pictures here!  (And it's not dirt under the quilt, it's that playground mulch made from old tires.)


A scrappy quilt needs a scrappy binding!  I love using up my leftovers!  I finished off eight different binding scraps and used a portion of a ninth!


I did straight line quilting just inside the edge from each seam--it's a look I really like for quilts that are all squares.  This will be donated to the local children's hospital.

 

This was on my list of projects to earn my PhD (projects half done) with Gail of Quilting Gail.  My first finish toward my 2020 PhD!  Slow start, but I'm hopeful I can build momentum. 

6 comments:

  1. I love this. It is always fun to have those projects moving along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish, a cute scrappy quilt is always a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a finish, and a cute one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for finish #1! I'm still working towards my first, but I'm hoping the momentum builds from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be your 1st finish for 2020 but you're ahead of me! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt - such a fun eye spy! At least you have one UFO done, done, DONE!!!
    3 UFOs done in 2 months … pretty good progress! And you also have others with progress – way to go! Thank you for linking to PHD in 2020, March 1 progress report! Quilting Gail

    ReplyDelete