Friday, April 21, 2017

Wizards & Stars

At some point several years ago, my mom sent me some novelty fabric because she knows I love it, and one of the pieces was this wizard print.  If you look, you'll see wizards, stars, owls, dragons, and crescent moons.

At a quilt show in 2015, I bought 2 batiks with stars in them to go with this.  I finally sewed it up into a top.

It's simple, but it made the most of the fabric I had.  We've had lots of rainy weather lately, so no good shot of it hanging on the line.  You can't tell from the picture, but it's a scrappy binding.  I had one strip each left of the two batiks, and I mixed in some purple strips left from the jelly roll used to make my Quilt for Pulse last summer. 

For quilting, I used the star stitch on my machine, and I did both sides of the wizard stripes and the lighter colored stripes.  I used a variegated thread with pinks and purples in it. I really like how the stitching looks.


This was project #12 on my list of Q2 goals for the globally hosted finish along.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done on achieving another of your goals Emily. The fabric is lovely, your Mom knows you so well. I just wish my daughter was interesting in quilting but no, crochet and making metal jewellery, oh well, there is always hope for my granddaughter. Wishing you sunshine, but not too much as light cloud is better for taking pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern may have been simple, but the colors really do make for a beautiful quilt. And that is so creative that you've used that stitch to do your quilting. I'm in the middle of machine quilting a quilt for the first time. I've been experimenting with the stitches to see what the final effect will be. It's been a learning experience, but I am having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt; I'm a big fan of making quilts with just WOF to show off the prints. This is the perfect pattern for fabric you just hate to cut up. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wizard fabric! Thanks for participating in the FAL!

    ReplyDelete