Monday, January 29, 2018

Simple Quilt: Aqua Doggies

A little over a year ago, my friend Snow gave me a whole bunch of novelty fabrics from her stash.  I think she decided novelty fabrics weren't her favorites and she knows that I love them. She had clearly made a dog quilt, as there was a sizeable stack of dog fabrics, many of them approximately half a fat quarter.

I spent a few weekend afternoons while my son watched the Paw Patrol DVDs his grandmother gave him for Christmas cutting the fabrics into usable sizes, specifically layer cake and jolly bar pieces.  But there was significantly more than half a fat quarter of this lovely aqua dog print, so I didn't cut it up.  I figured I could add some borders and it would make a lovely Project Linus quilt.


I decided simple was best. The inner border is Kona Biscuit and the outer border is Kona Sable. Several of the prints in the stack from Snow were dog paw prints.  I thought they would make a great scrappy binding. There are 4 different paw prints in the binding. I did a diagonal grid for the quilting.


This was project #16 on my list of Q1 goals for the globally-hosted Finish Along.












This was also on my list of UFOs for UFO busing with Tish and a needed finish as I work toward my PhD (projects half-done) with Quilting Gail.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your quilt! The binding is awesome! I really like novelty fabrics too! Very cute quilt! Have a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dog print is adorable. I think you made the right decision to keep all those puppies in one piece and turn it into a small quilt. I'm sure it will brighten the day of a little one in need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and fun. Congrats on meeting so many of this year's goals with this finish.

    ReplyDelete