Saturday, October 6, 2018

Baby Quilt for April

My coworker April had a baby girl, Nandi, in late August. When I inquired about a theme, I was told that they weren't planning a theme but liked greens, leaves, and nature.  This was about the time I was working on Amy's baby quilt, and I knew I had enough left from that quilt to make a second if I added one more print from my stash.

top before it was quilted
The fabric is The Cottage Garden by Riley Blake and came from a prize I won from Julie of The Crafty Quilter from her monthly "Hello 2016, Good-bye UFO" link-up that month. I used the gray bird print for Amy's baby quilt which left the white bird print for this one.  It wasn't quite WOF, so I used one of the other prints to lengthen to match the other rows.  The pattern is a slight adaptation of "Cherish" by Villa Rosa Designs.


I used cross-hatch quilting, my go-to design for most things.  I just really like how it looks.


I had a yard of a green leaf print that I thought would work nicely with the leafy natural preference I was given.  The yard worked for the width but I needed a bit more length.  I had a sizeable remnant of a giraffe print from making a pillowcase for my niece a while back. It seemed to go nicely with the leaf print, and who doesn't like a family of giraffes walking across a quilt?


Aren't they just too cute?


April comes back to work next week, so this is now washed and ready for gifting.


This was #4 on my list of Q3 goals for the Finish Along


 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on another lovely finish Emily. I’m sure the parents will love it. The giraffe fabric is wonderful, it makes the quilt double sided. Love it.

    ReplyDelete