Saturday, January 12, 2019

Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project

Have you heard about the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project, headed by Carole of From My Carolina Home?  Carole is organizing a quilt drive for those impacted by Hurricane Florence.  Donations are needed of bed-sized quilts.  She is also matching quilt tops with long-armers willing to quilt tops.  She has arranged drop-off locations at five quilt shops all over North Carolina and I am pleased to be one of her "runners" who will pick up donated quilts and transport them to Carole for donation through Catholic Charities. 



If you have a completed quilt or top you are interested in donating to this cause, you can get all the details here.  Carole is also looking for long-armers who are willing to be matched with completed tops.  I am donating a quilt I completed during the storm, my Color Block I Spy.  It's not as large as the ideal size but I am hoping it can bring comfort to someone.





5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic cause you are working for. I am sure your donated quilt will be treasured for long into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Your readers can find out about the project on this post - http://frommycarolinahome.com/2019/01/06/carolina-hurricane-quilt-project-2/

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful Emily. It will be cherished for sure. I think it is a great idea for a donation quilt and I'm going to borrow it if that's o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color blocks of I spy fabrics. It will make a wonderful donation.

    ReplyDelete